No matter what your professional background or area of expertise there
are several exciting ways (both virtual and in-house) to engage with
Benetech’s work as a volunteer.
We are currently looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Volunteers who can provide crucial image descriptions for high school
- Engineers to assist with programming, QA and research projects
- In-house volunteers to assist with a wide-range of activities ranging
from chopping and scanning textbooks to writing synopses, proofreading
priority books and assisting with documentation needs
- Executives and managers to help write business plans, financial
projections, and launch social enterprise initiatives.
- Writers to help with grants, marketing materials and product documentation.
- Translators to help with updates to Martus software and documentation
- Volunteers with marketing expertise to spearhead outreach to senior
If you are interested in exploring one of the opportunities above,
have questions for us or other skills that you would like to offer,
please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us increase the reading material at Bookshare® by volunteering
over the Internet. You can add to the collection by:
- Submitting scanned books.
- Preparing submitted books for publication on Bookshare, including
proofreading and editing.
- Verify key book data, enter descriptive information, convert file
formats, and more.
For details on becoming a Bookshare volunteer, please email us at volunteers@Bookshare.org.